Stormy Lives: A Journey through Personality Disorder
About the Book
Stormy moods, difficult relationships, self-harm, depression, underperforming, family and friends at their wits end, no one seems able to help. These are the hallmarks of personality disorder. But according to Dr Lee:
- It’s not your fault?
- There are treatments for your condition?
- But the treatment is only effective if you work at it
Dr Tennyson Lee draws on his extensive experience as a clinical psychiatrist to provide a fascinating, engaging and jargon free account of the personality disorders and their treatments. In a work of great humanity and clarity, illustrated by case vignettes, the author explains:
- What exactly is a personality disorder??
- What are the causes??
- What are the different types of personality disorder?
- What happens in treatment??
- How can family and friends best be of assistance??
- How will treatment help?
This book is essential reading for anyone considering treatment and for those working or studying in mental health.
About the Author
Dr Tennyson Lee is a Consultant Psychiatrist in Psychotherapy at the Deancross Centre for treatment of personality disorders in east London, UK